- Four years after the start of the #MeToo movement, about half of all Americans are more likely to speak up about sexual harrassment. AP.
- Pig heart valves are routinely transplanted into humans. Now, surgeons have successfully attached a pig kidney to a human. In the future, genetically-engineered pigs could be used to save the lives of those who need organ donations. The New York Times.
- Benton Harbor, Michigan is finally getting lead-free water lines. The Guardian.
- Vaccines may have prevented a quarter-million Covid-19 cases and 39,000 deaths among seniors. CNN.
- A group of “holistic engineers” want to regreen the arid Sinai peninsula in the same way the Loess Plateau was regreened. Reasons to be Cheerful.
- Kristine Tompkins has conserved more land than any other single individual. Reasons to be Cheerful.
- Alabama’s free pre-K stands out as a model for long-term, bipartisan success. The Hechinger Report.
For more good news, check out The Progress Network, Future Crunch, and Reasons to be Cheerful.