- In the 17 advanced economies recently surveyed, wide majorities now describe where they live “as benefiting from people of different ethnic groups, religions, and races.” Pew Research Center.
- A half-mile installation just took 20,000 pounds of plastic out of the Pacific — proof that ocean garbage can be cleaned. Business Insider.
- Vast area of Atlantic to be protected in effort to protect 5 million seabirds. The Irish Times.
- Wooden knives that are three times sharper than steel ones could help cut energy use and plastic cutlery waste. New Scientist.
- California Writes Off $534M in Justice Debt for Low-Income Residents. The Crime Report.
- We could see planes fueled by captured CO2 in 2022. Free Think.
- A group in the Philippines is turning plastic waste into building materials. Reuters.
- Researchers are teaching cows to pee in designated places where the urine can be collected and neutralized, sharply reducing methane emissions. Reasons to be Cheerful.
For more good news, check out The Progress Network, Future Crunch, and Reasons to be Cheerful.