- In 2021, 147 countries have improved their overall score on the Social Progress Index since previous indices. Social Progress Imperative.
- HPV vaccine saves thousands of women from cervical cancer, UK study shows. The Guardian.
- Tucson OK’s measure to gradually raise minimum wage to $15 AP.
- Hiring grows in U.S. as employers add 531,000 jobs, beating expectations. NBC News.
- Firefighting robots go autonomous. Scientific American.
- A father and son in remote Siberia are trying to engineer an ice age ecosystem. Peer-reviewed scientific papers show they are slowing global warming. Reuters.
- Japan start-up designs wind turbine that can harness typhoon energy. Reuters.
- 20 recent justice reform measures to celebrate. The Innocence Project.
For more good news, check out The Progress Network, Future Crunch, and Reasons to be Cheerful.