- Between 2000 and 2020, 52 out of the WHO’s 59 priority countries achieved elimination of maternal and neonatal tetanus, global cases decreased by 88%, and deaths decreased by 92%. WHO. (PDF link)
- In the past decade, the Clean Cooking Alliance has helped over 400 million people access clean cooking fuels and technology, saving an estimated 4.6 million lives from premature deaths linked to household air pollution. Clean Cooking Alliance.
- Billionaire philanthropist MacKenzie Scott has donated more than $3.8 billion to 465 non-profit organizations, including Planned Parenthood and Habitat for Humanity since last June. Reuters.
- After a decrease at the beginning of the pandemic, black business ownership is now higher than pre-pandemic. Women are driving that growth. NPR.
- The Nigerian state of Zamfara is close to eliminating lead poisoning cases among children linked to hazardous gold mining in the region. The Guardian.
For more good news, check out The Progress Network, and Future Crunch.