- In 2021, clean electricity sources generated more of the world’s electricity than coal. Ember.
- New Jersey’s last coal plants to close, saving customers as much as $30 million. Bloomberg.
- Despite the $4.3 million that Amazon spent on anti-union consultants in 2021, workers at a Staten Island Amazon warehouse successfully voted in a union. CNBC.
- Guinea worm has nearly been eradicated. Cases have dropped from 3.5 million in 1986 to just 15 cases in 2021. The National.
- The most accessible tuition-free college plan just became law in New Mexico. Jezebel.
- House passes bill to limit cost of insulin to $35 a month. The New York Times.
- The World Happiness Report says we became kinder and more generous last year. Giving, volunteering, and helping strangers were all up 25%. The Nonlinear Life.
For more good news, check out The Progress Network, and Future Crunch.