- When Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched an ambitious programme to put piped water in all of India’s roughly 192 million rural households by 2024, only about one-sixth had the luxury of doorstep-water supply. Now, 52% have it. Hindustan Times.
- Togo achieves major feat of eliminating four neglected tropical diseases. The Guardian.
- Hearing aids can now be bought over the counter. Slate.
- The USDA is sprinkling fish-flavored vaccines from the sky to fight rabies. CNN.
- Wind, solar provide 67% of new US electrical generating capacity in first half of 2022. Electrek.
- The expanded child tax credit kept 4 million kids out of poverty. Vox.
For more good news, check out The Progress Network, and Future Crunch.