- Remember the Ice Bucket Challenge of 2014? It helped fund a new ALS drug that was approved by the FDA this week. NPR.
- This 100% solar community endured Hurricane Ian with no loss of power and minimal damage. CNN.
- In 2021, 40% of the electricity produced in the United States was derived from non-fossil fuel sources. US Department of Energy.
- Guaranteed income programs have been a lifeline across the US, new research shows — especially for parents of color. Bloomberg.
- Australia’s most-polluting coal plant to shut decade earlier than planned. BBC.
- California allows affordable housing on some commercial properties. Los Angeles Times.
- More than twice as many Americans support than oppose the #MeToo movement. Pew Research Center.
- U.S. jobless claims hit lowest level in five months. The Wall Street Journal.
For more good news, check out The Progress Network, and Future Crunch.