- The proportion of European children classified as ‘severely deprived’ has decreased from 22.8% in 2009 to 14.6% in 2021. European Parliment (PDF link).
- In the last decade, global cases of visceral leishmaniasis have decreased from 64,223 in 2011 to 11,689 in 2021, the lowest since 1998. WHO (PDF link).
- Philanthropist MacKenzie Scott has given away nearly $2 billion to 343 organizations over the past seven months. Medium.
- U.S. military suicides drop as leaders push mental health programs. PBS.
- Paris, one of the world’s priciest cities, turbocharges affordable housing. Bloomberg.
- The largest fish in the Amazon, the pirarucu, has been saved from extinction thanks to a community campaign to impose strict fishing regulations. ABC.
For more good news, check out The Progress Network, and Future Crunch.