- Deaths from tuberculosis in Africa fell by 26% between 2015 and 2021, saving an estimated half a million lives. WHO.
- Nigeria has made substantial progress in its fight against AIDS, with annual deaths declining from 264,463 in 2015 to 51,000 in 2022. Punch.
- Deaths from terrorism have fallen by over a third since their peak in 2015. Vision of Humanity (PDF link).
- Mother, child mortality rates decline in Laos. The Laotian Times.
- Oregon has approved $200 million for the state’s homeless. Oregon Capital Chronicle.
- World’s first mRNA vaccine against deadly plague bacteria is 100% effective in mice. Interesting Engineering.
- Suicide rates have fallen worldwide since 2000. Our World in Data.
- Global renewables capacity grew by 10% last year. Reuters.
For more good news, check out The Progress Network, and Future Crunch.