- Bugs across globe are evolving to eat plastic, study finds. The Guardian.
- Millions of people a year are hospitalized by respiratory syncytial virus and tens of thousands die. After decades of failure, four vaccines are now in late-stage trials. Nature.
- New FDA-approved eye drops could replace reading glasses for millions. CBS News.
- Botswana lowers its mother-to-child HIV transmission rate to under 5%. VOA.
- The world has experienced a 59% decline in deaths of children under five since 1990. Good Good Good.
- As a Logic song topped the charts, helpline saw more calls and fewer suicides. STAT.
- Vehicle emission declines decreased deaths, study finds. AP News.
For more good news, check out The Progress Network, and Future Crunch.