- Once thought to be extinct, the “dinosaur tree” which traces back to the Cretaceous period has made a comeback as an ornamental backyard tree. Reasons to be Cheerful.
- New studies show that four-day work weeks lead to fewer cars on the road and a decrease in carbon emissions. BBC.
- Low-wage jobs are becoming middle-class jobs. The Atlantic.
- US got a record-breaking 40% of its energy from carbon-free sources in 2022, report reveals. Euronews.
- Around 93 million women aged 15–64 have gained the same legal rights as men since 2010, when “no woman in the world” had the same legal rights in the areas measured: mobility, workplace, pay, marriage, parenthood, entrepreneurship, assets, and pension. Women, Business and the Law (PDF link).
- UK renewables generated more electricity than gas this winter. Belfast Telegraph.
- USPS to purchase 9,000 electric vehicles, install 14,000 charging stations. The Hill.
- The world’s largest 3D-printed neighborhood is here. Bloomberg.
For more good news, check out The Progress Network, and Future Crunch.