- This year marks the 20th anniversary of Bush’s mammoth program to fight HIV and AIDS that turned the tide of the epidemic and has saved 25 million lives so far. The New York Times.
- Breast cancer survivorship doubles in Canada compared to 2007. Science Daily.
- Black unemployment rate hits record low 5 percent. The Washington Post.
- Last year, an initiative called Deworm the World helped India, Pakistan, Kenya and Nigeria provide treatment to around 249 million children. Evidence Action.
- Poland has experienced the longest uninterrupted period of growth in European history. Real GDP has increased sixfold in three decades, and the country has a record-low unemployment rate of 3%, lower infant mortality than Canada, higher female life expectancy than the US, and less violent crime than the UK. The Guardian.
For more good news, check out The Progress Network, and Future Crunch.